This is your invitation to participate in a highly selective pre-college program for rising 11th and 12th graders from our partnering urban school districts. The MSU College of Education Teacher Education Academy is a residential program on the campus of Michigan State University. The program is intended to increase college preparation and readiness, as well as nurture an interest in careers in education; particularly urban education.
Train with the best. MSU has been ranked #1 in the nation for elementary and secondary education for over 27 years!
About the Teacher Education Academy
Program Dates: July 24-August 5, 2022
This program includes:
- Experience living on the campus of Michigan State University.
- Prepare for college with classes including SAT Prep, College Writing & Examining Urban Education.
- Increase your understanding of a career in education.
- Learn about applying for college scholarships and financial aid.
- Receive a paid educational experience.
Criteria for Application
- Current 10th or 11th grade student in partnering urban school districts (Benton Harbor, Chicago, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Saginaw)
- Demonstration of academic potential
- Online recommendation from school representative
To complete this application, you will need:
- Your SAT or PreSAT Score (if available)
- An updated copy of your high school transcript
- A student email address
- A parent email address (must be DIFFERENT from student email)
- The name and email address of the School Representative who will complete your recommendation form
- 300 word essay response to this question:
Why do you want to become a teacher? What excites you most about the possibility of being a teacher? What challenges do you think teachers face?