This is your invitation to participate in a highly selective, residential, pre-college program for current 10th and 11thgraders. This program is committed to cultivating and increasing diversity in the field of education and kinesiology by recruiting students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to Michigan State University’s College of Education.
Teacher Education Academy is a residential program on the campus of Michigan State University. The program is intended to increase college preparation and readiness, as well as nurture an interest in careers in education, particularly urban education and kinesiology.
About the Teacher Education Academy
Program Dates: July 5 – 20, 2024
This program includes:
- An up-close glimpse into college life on the campus of Michigan State University.
- Preparation for success in college with classes including pre-college writing and urban education.
- Exploration of prospective careers in education.
- Learn about applying for college scholarships, financial aid and FAFSA.
- Paid cash stipend upon program completion.
I really enjoyed the TEA program … It helped me become more responsible for myself and I met different people from different social groups and backgrounds. I also learned the differences between my work ethics and others and how to work in groups … I can’t wait to return next year!
Experience a Summer of Fun and Adventure
Come as strangers, leave as family. Make new friends and take part in a variety of fun activities and field trips.
Criteria for Application
- Current 10th or 11th grade students from Michigan school districts
- Demonstration of academic potential
To complete this application, you will need:
- An updated copy of your high school transcript
- A student work permit, if under 18 years of age
- A student email address
- A parent email address (must be DIFFERENT from student email)
- 300 word essay response to this question:
Why do you want to become a teacher? What excites you most about the possibility of being a teacher? What challenges do you think teachers face?
For more information, please contact Kelley Johnson at 517-353-5138 or email@example.com
WEEKS OF PROGRAMMING
POTENTIAL GROWTH IN PROGRAM FOR 2024