Each year the Michigan State University College of Education Alumni Association offers scholarship to talented freshman students who are planning a career in education. All students who meet the stated criteria may apply. Two scholarships, in the amount of $1,500 each, are for
incoming freshmen who have been formally admitted to MSU and who intend to enroll in a pre-education program (elementary or secondary education).
DEADLINE: February 11, 2013 (5:00 PM)
The following criteria will be considered in making scholarship decisions:
- High school grade point average (minimum 3.5 on a 4.0 scale required). (Full transcript through first semester senior year required along with report card for the most recent marking period.) Please mail a copy of each to College of Education Freshman Scholarships, Michigan State University, 518 Erickson, East Lansing, MI 48824
- ACT/SAT scores
- Statement of purpose (150 words)
- Honors and awards
- Extracurricular activities
- Community service
- Work experience
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- One from a counselor or advisor, one from a teacher and one from someone familiar with your experience with children.(All recommendations must be submitted online.)
Completed applications must be submitted by February 11, 2013. All transcripts/report cards must be postmarked by February 8, 2013 and received in our office by February 11, 2013.
To apply, visit the Freshman Scholarship scholarship application.