Join Dr. Stephanie Jennings and Academic Advisor John Olle (Sept. 13 via Zoom) to learn more about the MAED application process.
20 YEARS OF ONLINE EXCELLENCE
MSU’s Master of Arts in Education (MAED) is designed for all educators who want to enhance their professional practice through advanced study related to teaching, learning, and leadership. This online master’s degree in education is relevant to a broad range of P-12 and postsecondary careers both inside and beyond the classroom, including teachers, school administrators, coaches, and adult educators.
The original online master’s program at MSU, the MAED celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2021 and is ranked among the nation’s Best Online Master’s in Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report. Its community of more than 1,000 graduates encompasses a diverse array of educational backgrounds, united by the desire to enhance their professional practice.
ACHIEVE YOUR PROFESSIONAL GOALS
The degree format provides flexibility for students, educators and working professionals who want to engage in inquiry that will contribute to exemplary educational practice. The MAED allows students to acquire a range of knowledge grounded in theory along with expertise in one or more areas of concentration. Students build on their prior experience and engage in a dynamic digital community through this fully online program.
The MAED is available only online and only under Plan B (without thesis).
About the MAED
With six concentration areas, the MAED allows students to tailor the program to meet their unique goals and interests.
Tuition & Financial aid
Tuition for online MAED candidates is the same for all students regardless of where you live.
The MAED will enrich and extend students’ capabilities to:
- Professionally develop and exercise leadership
- Conduct inquiry, evaluation or research
- Evaluate the legitimacy and quality of research and policy in their field
- Design, manage, and support group projects and processes
- Apply new technologies to their teaching practices
- Use digital tools for communication, collaboration, and presentation
- Access digital environments for ideas, information and resources
- Advance to new levels of professional practice and responsibility
- Introduce new ideas, programs, or practices into their work place
- Construct more effective documents and presentations
- Achieve improved outcomes in their work