The College of Education is in the process of moving to a four-year Teacher Preparation Program. Changes are being implemented across the website, but it may take some time before all changes are complete. For the most up-to-date information on this transition and how it may impact you, please speak with your academic advisor.
Declare to join our program today! Start here.
Criteria & Deadlines
Criteria for the Teacher Preparation Program includes (but are not limited to):
- Commitment to teaching and dispositions that support learning to teach
- Disposition to teach students from all backgrounds, including students in poverty; students in urban settings and students with special needs
- Commitment to inclusion, equity, and social/educational justice
- Academic accomplishments and promise
- Students must have 28 credits at the time of declaration and they must be an active MSU student
The declaration period is now open and will remain open on a rolling basis.
Attend an information session
Learn about the Teacher Preparation Program and the declaration process. We have two sessions planned; join us on:
- Thursday, Nov. 10 at 4:30 p.m. Use this Zoom link (no password).
- Monday, Nov. 21 at 5:00 p.m. Use this Zoom link (no password).
Have more questions?
Attend an informational session (above) or reach out to the Student Affairs Office.