What the College offers
The Technical Interns in Education (TIE) office has audio and video recording equipment available for loan to members of the College of Education. TIEs also offers base-line support to our members regarding the audio and video equipment.
- Review the member’s need and plan to help them select the right equipment for the job.
- Show the member how to utilize the equipment at check-out.
- An extended training can be scheduled, if needed.
- Loan out the appropriate equipment and accessory items such as memory cards, tripods, etc.
It is expected that the member or the group associated with the event is responsible for designating an individual to set-up the equipment and monitor the recording. TIE are not available for equipment operation (following presenters, zooming, etc.) during events.
Under unique circumstances, with Charlie Ruggiero’s approval, a TIE student will setup the equipment, start the recording and come back at the end of the event to stop the recording as long as the following are met:
- The event starts and stops within normal TIEs working hours.
- We have 2 TIEs available during the needed times as being available for classroom support is our top priority.
- If one or more TIE students are unexpectedly unavailable, we may have to cancel or limit the time we can commit.
- The desired setup is relatively straight forward.
- The event/class/meeting is primarily for the College of Education and located inside Erickson Hall.
- Assistance in porting the content from the equipment to the member’s technology such as a laptop or external hard drive.
- Erasing content from the equipment.
- Trim start and end time associated with the set-up and tear down.
- Upload content to MSU Media Space
What MSU offers
If your event requires more assistance, we encourage members to utilize MSU’s Video Recording and Editing Services.