- The PhD in Rehabilitation Counselor Eduation Program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Doctoral programs in counselor education address professional roles in five doctoral core areas: counseling, supervision, teaching, research and scholarship, and leadership and advocacy. These five doctoral core areas represent the foundational knowledge required of doctoral graduates in counselor education (CACREP, 2016). Additional information can be found at: http://www.cacrep.org/section-6-doctoral-standards-counselor-education-and-supervision/
- Professional Certification/Licensure Disclosure. Federal regulations require educational institutions to publicly disclose, for each educational program designed to meet the educational requirements for a specific professional license or certification required for employment in an occupation (or advertised as meeting those requirements), information about whether program completion would meet those requirements in a state. For the rehabiltiation counseling program, please find the information below. Applicants are encouraged to inquire about individual state’s licensure website for additional state-specific coursework required.
- Program meets the educational requirement for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands.
- Program does not meet the educational requirment for the follwoing states: California (state-specific coursework required), Florida (state-specific coursework required).
We're here to help you!