TENTATIVE PROGRAM DATES
June 26 – August 4, 2023
The application is currently closed.
This is an excellent paid fellowship opportunity, offered on a competitive basis, which includes:
- Six-week in-person summer fellowship opportunity working with city of Detroit children and families
- Paid summer opportunity in collaboration with Detroit Public Schools Community District (DPSCD) summer school and Detroit community agencies programming. (Details provided during Information Session.)
- Total stipend payment of $4000 for fellowship completion.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION:
- ALL Current Teacher Preparation Program students, Freshman – Senior standing (not available to current Interns).
- Students in the Urban Educators Cohort Program and Global Educators Cohort Program are given preferential consideration.
- Writing sample describing commitment to urban education.
- One recommendation submitted by a faculty member or other person familiar with your work. NOTE: Make sure you have requested permission from the person before you list them in the system. References must be submitted via the application website – instructions for submitting online will be sent with the request for a reference upon completion of the application.
Sunday, March 5, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
For more information, contact:
Dr. Sonya Gunnings-Moton
Michigan State University
College of Education