Tentative Program Dates
June 21, 2021 – August 6, 2021
This is an excellent paid fellowship opportunity, offered on a competitive basis, which includes:
- Seven-week summer fellowship opportunity working with city of Detroit children and families.
- Work with Detroit schools and community agencies to provide remote (possible in-person option) literacy tutoring and student development support.
- Total stipend payment of $3,500 for fellowship completion.
- Technology resources to engage in remote instruction are required.
Criteria for Application:
- ALL Current Teacher Preparation Program students, Freshman – Senior standing (not available to current Interns).
- Students in the Urban Educators Cohort Program and Global Educators Cohort Program are given preferential consideration.
- Writing sample describing commitment to urban education.
- One recommendation submitted by a faculty member or other person familiar with your work. NOTE: Make sure you have requested permission from the person before you list them in the system. References must be submitted via the application website – instructions for submitting online will be sent with the request for a reference upon completion of the application.
Friday, March 5, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
For more information, contact:
Dr. Sonya Gunnings-Moton
Michigan State University
College of Education