The Department of Kinesiology offers a number of graduate assistantship (GA) positions each year.
In addition, some KIN students are interested in assistantship positions working with MSU varsity sports teams. These assistantships are administered by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, not the Department of Kinesiology. Interested students should contact the coach or sports operation director in the sport of interest.
Typical annual stipends for a half-time GA position range from about $13,500 to $15,500 depending upon the student’s qualifications and experience (2006 data). In addition, GAs receive: (a) a tuition waiver for 9 credits in the fall and spring semesters and 5 credits in the summer semester; (b) exemption from out-of-state resident tuition; and (c) health insurance. For more information on current stipends and benefits, consult the GA information on the MSU Graduate School web site.
GA Rights, Responsibilities, and Policies
- KIN Graduate Policies
- College of Education Graduate Student Employment Policy
- Graduate School Information for Graduate Assistants
- Rights and Responsibilities of Graduate Students at MSU
Professional Development Opportunities
For More Information
- Application Procedures Kinesiology Graduate Director (email@example.com)
- Teaching Assistantships – Mary-Anne Reid (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Research Assistantships – the director of the research team
- Athletic Training Assistantships – Dr. John Powell (email@example.com)
- Employment Contracts – Verna Lyon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grievances – Dr. Al Smith, Department Chairperson (email@example.com)