For over 23 years, MSU’s Emerging Leaders Program has been providing potential school principals an opportunity to explore in detail the knowledge, skillsets, and mindsets required to be a successful leader in today’s complex educational environments. This intimate, 3-day experience connects emerging educational leaders with highly successful assistant principals, principals, and superintendents. Together, they explore the joys and challenges inherent in the principalship. This event is held in July of each year in collaboration with the statewide elementary and secondary principals associations.
- Instructional Leader: A Day in the Life of a Principal
- Personal Temperament: Implications for Your Role as Principal
- Work of the Principal: Supporting Student Mental Health and Well-Being
- Increasing Equity in Schools: Leaders of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- The Secrets of Getting Hired: Preparing Yourself and Your Resumé
- Advocacy for the Field
- Getting a Job: Mock Interviews for the Principalship
2023 Emerging Leaders Program
Date: July 10-12, 2023
Location: Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, 219 S. Harrison Road, East Lansing, MI
Cost: $350 per person, which includes registration, materials, breakfast, and lunch each day.
Lodging: Lodging is not included but is available at the Kellogg Center, East Lansing, MI. Reference Emerging Leaders for a discounted rate of $125 per night for a standard room.
SCECHs: Up to 19 SCECHs will be offered at no cost (pending approval).
Agenda: View our preliminary agenda here.
Registration: Registration for the Emerging Leaders 2023 Program will open on March 6, 2023.
Attendance is limited to 50 participants.
Emerging Leaders 2023 has been approved for a micro-credential.
For questions regarding the Emerging Leaders Program, please contact Megan Papoi, email@example.com.