Requirements for the Master of Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education
In consultation with their faculty advisors, students must complete 30 credits as follows:
- Core Online Courses (6 credits)
EAD 840 – Inquiry in Postsecondary Education
EAD 868 – Proseminar in Adult and Higher Education
- Choose Three of the Following Online Courses (9 credits)
EAD 801 – Leadership and Organization Development
EAD 805 – Administration in Higher Education
EAD 860 – Concept of a Learning Society
EAD 861 – Adult Learning
EAD 866 – Teaching in Postsecondary Education
EAD 870 – Foundations of Postsecondary Education
EAD 876 – Budgeting and Finance in Higher Education
EAD 877 – Program Planning and Evaluation in Postsecondary Contexts
- Choose 5 Additional Online Classes (15 credits)
- Fifteen (15) additional credits, of which nine (9) credits must be Educational Administration (EAD) online courses within the Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education program. Other graduate level courses may be taken with the approval of your advisor. All courses must be completed online.
- Final Essay
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required of the program.
- Students may enroll in a maximum of six (6) credit hours that are graded Pass/No Pass. This includes field experience and independent studies.
- MSU uses a numerical system for grading which consists of the following scale. 4.0 – 3.5 – 3.0 – 2.5 – 2.0 – 1.5 – 1.0 – 0.0.
- To earn credit for a course, students must receive a minimum of a 2.0.