Applying for Certification in or from Another State

Applying for Teacher Certification in Another State

Graduates of MSU’s teacher preparation program who wish to apply for certification in another state should contact the department of education in the state of interest (for information, see Certification Requirements for 50 States). Typically, the application process includes an institutional recommendation form that must be completed by the Certification Officer at MSU. Such forms should be sent to 620 Farm Lane, Room 134 Erickson Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824 or faxed to (517) 432 2718. Please note that forms generally require the applicant to complete and sign one or more sections. Information about where forms completed by the Certification Officer should be sent must be included.

Application for a Michigan Teaching Certificate with an Out-Of-State License

Persons with teaching certificates from other states and those who completed teacher preparation programs at institutions in other states must contact the Michigan Department of Education directly for information regarding Michigan teacher certification.