College of Education Sitemap
Skip to Main Content

Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology & Special Education

School Psychology

Certification and Licensure

We're here to help you!

Individuals who have earned an Educational Specialist degree (Ed.S.) or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in School Psychology at MSU are eligible to apply for the Michigan Preliminary School Psychologist Certificate. The program curricula meet Michigan requirements for professional certification.

Michigan School Psychology Certification

National Certificate in School Psychology (NCSP)

Email Dr. Jana Aupperlee, EdS Program Director, with questions related to NCSP certification.

Psychology Licensure

The program curricula meet Michigan requirements for professional licensure. To become a licensed psychologist in Michigan, licensure applicants must successfully complete the program, pass the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP), and complete a 2000 hour post-doctoral position supervised by a licensed psychologist.

National Register Health Service Psychologist (HSP) Credential

Email Dr. Jana Aupperlee, PhD Program Director, with questions related to psychology licensure and the HSP credential.