Individuals who have earned an Educational Specialist degree (Ed.S.) or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in School Psychology at MSU are eligible to apply for the Michigan Preliminary School Psychologist Certificate. The program curricula meet Michigan requirements for professional certification.
Michigan School Psychology Certification
- School Psychologist Certification Application Forms
- Michigan School Psychologist Certification Rules
- State Certification Rules (Courtesy of NASP)
National Certificate in School Psychology (NCSP)
- National Praxis Exam in School Psychology
- Step 1. Complete application on NASP website by following the steps listed on the website (including obtaining required signatures from appropriate supervisors)
- Step 2. Make a copy of the application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Dr. Jana Aupperlee, EdS Program Director, with questions related to NCSP certification.
The program curricula meet Michigan requirements for professional licensure. To become a licensed psychologist in Michigan, licensure applicants must successfully complete the program, pass the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP), and complete a 2000 hour post-doctoral position supervised by a licensed psychologist.
- Michigan Board of Psychology Licensure Information
- State Licensure Rules and Requirements to Practice (Courtesy of APA and ASPPB)
National Register Health Service Psychologist (HSP) Credential
Email Dr. Jana Aupperlee, PhD Program Director, with questions related to psychology licensure and the HSP credential.