Here are some important things you should know if you are planning to apply to the HSHSP or are recommending a student apply:
Who should apply?
Anyone who is presently a high school junior may apply.
When is the application deadline?
All applications and supporting documents should be received no later than March 15.
What is required as part of the application?
- A completed application form, two essays (as described in the program announcement)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of these must be from a science teacher)
- Reading list (as described in the program announcement)
- Official transcript
- Official standardized test score reports (ACT and/or SAT plus any advanced subject matter tests; no separate reports are necessary if scores are included on the official school transcript)
- List of courses currently being taken (if not included on the transcript)
Please send the completed program application and supporting documents to:
Dr. Gail Richmond
Michigan State University
620 Farm Lane Room 319