Here are some important things you should know if you are planning to apply to the HSHSP or are recommending a student apply:
Who should apply?
Anyone who is presently a high school junior may apply.
When is the application deadline?
All applications and supporting documents should be postmark dated no later than March 15.
What is required as part of the application?
Application forms for the 2017 Program will be posted by December 7th.
- A completed application form, two essays (as described in the program announcement)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of these must be from a science teacher)
- Reading list (as described in the program announcement)
- Official transcript
- Official standardized test score reports (ACT and/or SAT plus any advanced subject matter tests; no separate reports are necessary if scores are included on the official school transcript)
- List of courses currently being taken (if not included on the transcript)
Please send the completed program application and supporting documents to:
Dr. Gail Richmond, HSHSP Director
620 Farm Lane Room 319 Erickson Hall
Michigan State University
East Lansing MI 48824-1034