Communications and Brand Resources
- CED Internal Insights Newsletter
- Communications and Brand Resources
- Photo/Audio/Video Release Form (pdf)
- Submit an Event to the Calendar
- Web Site Update Requests
Academic Governance & Committee Membership
- College Policy and Governance
- College of Education Committee Membership
- University Standing Committees
- Faculty Senate
- University Council
- College of Education Academic Hearing Procedures (pdf)
Centers & Support
Tenure Stream Promotion Policies and Review Policies
- College RPT Procedures
- Department Policies
- 5th Year Chairperson Review Policy
Fixed-Term Faculty and Academic Staff (FTFAS) Promotion and Review Policies
- FTFAS Annual Review Policy
- FTFAS Multi-Year Contract Policy
- Promotion to Senior Academic Specialist, and Reappointment of Continuing Specialists
- Designation B Status
- Promotion to Fixed-Term Associate or Full Professor
- Documenting DEI Contributions in Annual Review and Promotion Materials
Faculty Excellence Advocate (FEA)
- MSU Grading Policy (6-24-2022) (pdf)
- Key and Access Card Policy
- Tobacco-Free Policy (Effective August 15, 2016)
- Membership Dues Policy (Effective February 27, 2018)
- Software and Technology Services Purchasing Policy
Youth Program Policy
The Minimum Operational Requirements for Conducting University Youth Programs outline the preventative actions expected to be taken when facilitating learning activities on and off-campus involving the participation of minors.
University Reporting Protocols
Michigan State University established protocols for employees and volunteers to report child abuse, sexual assault, and child pornography to create a safe and supportive learning and working environment.
Information for Reporting Suspected Abuse
Police, fire, ambulance: 911
Available 24 hourse
Green Light Telephones
Emergency phones strategiclly placed throughout campus
Reporting Crimes to Police
1120 Red Cedar Rd.
East Lansing Police Dept.
409 Park Lane, East Lansing,
Meridian Township Police Dept.
5151 Marsh Rd., Okemos
Lansing Police Department
120 W. Michigan Ave., Lansing
Bath Township Police Dept.
14480 Webster Rd., Bath Township
Find a police station near you
File a University Report
The Office of Institutional Equity reviews concerns related to discrimination and harassment based on age, color, gender, gender identity, disability status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and weight under the University’s Anti-Discrimination Policy and Policy on Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct.
File an online report
Potential Indicators of Child Abuse and/or Neglect
Immunity for Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect
MSU Campus Programs and Support
Mandated Reporters’ Resource Guide
Michigan Child Protection Law (PDF)
Michigan Legislature- Child Protection Law
U.S. Department of Education Clery Information
University Anti-Discrimination Policy
Anti-Discrimination Policy (ADP)
The Anti-Discrimination Policy, or ADP, outlines the types of prohibited discrimination and harassment at MSU. Under the ADP, University community members are prohibited from engaging in acts which discriminate against or harass any University community member on the basis of age, color, gender, gender identity, disability status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy (ADP)
- ADP User’s Manual
- Protocol for Addressing Bias Incidents, Acts of Prohibited Discrimination/Harassment, and Hate Crimes
Criminal Background Checks
Youth Program Criminal Background Checks
Michigan State University requires that all individuals who have unsupervised access to minors at a youth program must have been subject to a criminal background check (including sex offender registry check) through the Human Resources Department within the last twelve months.
An external organization sponsoring a youth program on campus or using MSU facilities for a youth program must certify that all adults working or volunteering at the program have been subject to a criminal background check (including sex offender registry check) within the last twelve months.
Michigan Child Protection Law
The State of Michigan outlines requirements regarding child abuse and neglect under the Child Protection Law.