Today’s researchers and professionals must appreciate and understand their work within the context of a global society. The College of Education at Michigan State University is committed to preparing educators, leaders and health professionals who embrace learning from diverse perspectives, and to engaging with domestic and international partners in ways that promote understanding about issues, policies and practices around the world.
Major priorities include:
- Efforts to internationalize curriculum and teaching
- Research that is international in scope
- Outreach projects that extend beyond the country and continent
- International study trips and exchange programs
A catalyst for global thinking
The Office of International Studies in Education provides a wealth of resources and information about how students, faculty and programs reflect global perspectives.
Opportunities for students
The College of Education is home to international students from around the world and develops opportunities for students to gain global experiences and competencies—no matter where they are from.
- Global Educators Cohort Program
- Education abroad programs (for undergraduate students)
- Fellowship to Enhance Global Understanding (study trips for graduate students)
- Chinese Language Teacher Certification Program
Global Education Engagement (GEE)
Building on a history of experience with international partnerships, the Global Education Engagement initiative creates and facilitates professional learning and development opportunities for educators from across the globe. Learn more about how you or a group of colleagues can collaborate with the College of Education to improve your practices.
The Confucius Institute
The Confucius Institute at Michigan State University (CI-MSU) has been recognized for providing exemplary opportunities to learn Chinese language and culture. CI-MSU was the first Confucius Institute to offer online Chinese language courses, and has developed innovative uses of technology to help meet the demand for Chinese education in the United States.