Team MAET is excited to announce our new Master of Arts in Learning Experience Design (MALXD for short). This cohort-based program is accepting applications now and is scheduled to launch in Fall 2024.
What is MALXD?
Meaningful learning experiences through intentional design.
The Master of Arts in Learning Experience Design (MALXD) is a fully online, 10-course (30-credit), non-thesis master’s program. MALXD provides a critical lens of equity, accessibility, and social justice in human-centered learning and design. MALXD learners earn 3 graduate certificates and their full MA degree in 5 semesters through experiences that are intentionally designed to support learners in applying theories and skills directly to their professional context.
MALXD graduates will:
- Create accessible and inclusive learning experiences and environments, rooted in the learning sciences, educational psychology, and theories of teaching and learning.
- Evaluate leading design principles and frameworks, modify, and apply them through a critical lens focused on equity and social justice.
- Assess learning platforms and technologies for accessibility, user experience, and social and ethical implications.
- Use rich pedagogical and research practice knowledge to generate creative designs and learning solutions.
- Develop strategies to support a team’s productivity, capacity, and culture as a project manager.
- Engage in a cycle of continuous improvement and project management, including researching, planning, implementing, tracking, evaluating the success of initiatives, and improving the product.
What makes MALXD different?
Not all online programs are created equal. In MALXD, we are passionate about designing meaningful experiences that spark creative, connected, and playful learning. We model ways to generate this “spark” so you can spread it throughout your own learning design practices.
MALXD’s Programmatic Promise:
- We connect with our dynamic community.
- We care about you, your identities, and your contexts.
- We believe learning environments should be accessible, anti-racist, and inclusive.
- We critically examine and evaluate frameworks, theories, and technologies.
- We design learning experiences that are applicable to your professional practice.
- We iterate in our design to provide the highest-quality learning experience.
- We spark creativity and play.
Is MALXD right for me?
The MALXD program is designed for curious, creative, and critical individuals who are interested in developing a deeper understanding of designing learning experiences. We have created the program to support individuals who are developing learning materials, trainings, courses, and content for their industry: corporate, non-profit, healthcare, education, and more. We welcome applicants with a range of perspectives, from learners looking for entry into career paths in instructional design, learning experience design, and similar fields to seasoned designers who want to elevate their careers. Coursework is designed with full-time working professionals in mind and are context-rich so that learners are supported as they apply theory to their professional practice.
I’m interested! How can I learn more?
We would love to welcome you to MALXD’s inaugural Fall 2024 cohort! Here are some ways that you can connect:
- Register to attend our next virtual information session on October 25, 2023 at 7:30pm ET.
- Sign up to receive news about MALXD via email.
- Visit the MALXD website.