Athletic Training Transition FAQs

The national accrediting agency for the profession of Athletic Training (the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, or CAATE) has determined that future Athletic Trainers will need to hold a professional master’s degree in Athletic Training to be eligible for certification. This means that bachelor’s level programs are transitioning to master’s level programs (and some bachelor’s-level programs are ending). What does this mean for the Athletic Training program at Michigan State University?

If you need any further clarification or have additional questions, please consult an undergraduate kinesiology advisor.