- Application for Graduate Study
- KIN Recommendation for Admission Form
- Disclosure of Felony Convictions Graduate Application Form
- Credit Evaluation: Transfer Credits
- Application for Doctoral Visitation Program
- KIN Evaluation of Applicants to the Ph.D. Program
Graduate Teaching Assisantships
Advising and Guidance Committees
- Annual Review of Academic Progress of Graduate Students: Student Form
- Annual Review of Academic Progress of Graduate Students: Faculty Form
- Change of Advisor
- Guidance Committee Membership
Change of Status
Ph.D. Program Requirements
- Program Plan (GradPlan)
- Application for Independent Study and Fieldwork
- Application for Enroll in Variable Credit Courses
- Submit the Complete Criminal Background Check Form to CEDhr@msu.edu BEFORE being enrolled and BEFORE starting any duties at the experience site. Submission of this form will be checked prior to enrollment.
- If the experience is with anyone (company, institution, organization, etc) other than Michigan State University, an Affiliation Agreement MUST be signed by the site company BEFORE the experience can begin. Company information must be TYPED!
- KIN Research Practicum (KIN 995)
- Record of Comprehensive Examinations for Ph.D. Students
- Dissertation Proposal and Director Approval: Student Initiated
- University Committee for Research Involving Human Subjects (UCRIHS/IRB)
- Dissertation Credit Limit Waiver
- Record of Dissertation and Oral Examination Requirements for Doctoral Degree Candidate: Student Initiated
- Dissertation Submission
- Request for Extension of Time to Complete Degree Requirements: Student Initiated
- Application for Graduation
- Request to Participate in the College of Education Doctoral Convocation Ceremony (Ph.D. Degree)
Scholarships and Awards
- Outstanding Doctoral Degree Student Award
- Application Due Date: February 15th. Applicants must submit the following materials to the KIN Graduate Coordinator as email attachments (electronic copies facilitate the faculty vote).
- Cover letter (one page maximum) describing the student’s intent to apply for the KIN Outstanding Doctoral Degree Student Award and highlighting the student’s most significant achievements. This letter must be co-signed by the student’s faculty advisor.
- Resume that addresses all criteria for the award and that includes complete reference citations for presentations, publications, and grants.
Letter of support from a KIN faculty member.
- KIN Research Fellowship
- Fellowship Information Form
- COGS Conference Funding
- The Graduate School Funding Opportunities
- College of Education Student Scholarships and Fellowships
- Excellence-in-Teaching Citation
- Excellence in Diversity Award
- The McNair/SROP Scholars
- MSU Scholarship Search
Department of Kinesiology
Each KIN graduate student may apply for up to $200 per year to attend professional conferences or $400 per year if the student is making a presentation. You must be enrolled as an MSU student at the time of the travel to qualify. To apply for funding, submit the KIN Graduate Student Travel & Authorization Request Form with necessary attachments to the Graduate Studies Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org), in Room 27J IM Sports Circle. When submitting abstracts, please include the author names on the abstracts. Requests must be on file prior to traveling. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for an approval decision.