Department of Kinesiology
IM Sports Circle Building
308 W. Circle Drive, Room 134
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
The Department of Kinesiology will:
- Engage in disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaborative research that focuses on physical activity and sport across the lifespan, with a special emphasis on youth
- Prepare individuals for positions of research and leadership in educational, sport and clinical settings
- Educate individuals to lead physically active, healthy lives
Profile of Students in Kinesiology
Kinesiology continues to be a popular major at MSU, with continually growing undergraduate enrollment and a top-ranked graduate program.
- Approximately 1000 undergraduate Kinesiology majors
- Approximately 170 undergraduate Athletic Training majors
- Approxmiately 60 master’s degree students
- Approximately 44 doctoral degree students
From it’s beginnings as a department focused on physical training, physical education and exercise science, Kinesiology has distinguished itself with a top-ranked graduate program while maintaining a widely expanding undergraduate program. For more information, please view our department history.
Faculty & Staff
Click here for the a directory of the Department of Kinesiology’s faculty and staff contact information.
Giving to Kinesiology
How can you give to the Department of Kinesiology?
Find out by browsing through information about the Kinesiology Annual Fund, College of Education Leadership Circle, endowed scholarships and fellowships, and internship settings through which our alumni and friends graciously provide support.
The Department of Kinesiology presents awards displaying the accomplishments made by our distinguished alumni, faculty, staff, and students.
See a list of all of the department’s completed dissertations ranging from 1959 until today.