Preparing Teachers for Global Classrooms Through Study Abroad
MSU International Studies and Programs and the College of Education announce the Preparing Teachers for Global Classrooms Through Study Abroad scholarship for teacher education students participating in MSU sponsored study abroad programs summer and fall 2019. This scholarship recognizes the vital importance of preparing globally competent and globally committed teachers and the valuable role that study abroad can play in realizing this goal.
- Must be accepted to or enrolled in MSU’s teacher preparation program (includes students currently in their internship year)
- Must have an accumulated GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Must be enrolled in an MSU sponsored study abroad program in Africa, Asia, or Latin America for summer or fall 2019.
- Complete a brief online application.
- Attach a personal statement (essay) of approximately 500 words that:
- Shares your thoughts on the importance of globally competent and committed teachers.
- Demonstrates how the program that you are enrolled in relates to your role as a future teacher and enhances your own global commitment.
- Indicates ways in which you have already demonstrated your commitment to becoming a globally competent and committed educator.