The application deadline for the fall semester is January 15th.
Complete your application on MSU’s application management system. Follow the steps listed below:
- Create account and login.
- Start New Application: Select Graduate from dropdown menu and Create Application.
- Provide Personal Background information.
- Under Other Information, select the first semester you wish to enroll in classes. To select Major Preference, scroll to the College of Education and select Applied Behavior Analysis (Masters). Provide additional details about Enrollment Information, Communications preferences, and Financial Aid. It is not necessary to include the Personal or Academic Statement as requested in Other Information. Providing information on your experiences in the COVID-19 section is optional. Provide responses to Conduct Questions and Other from the dropdown menus and in text boxes where appropriate.
- Include all Academic History information. To begin, click on Add Institution.
- Test Scores: The GRE (Graduate Record Exam) is not required. All international applicants and applicants whose first language is not English must be able to be proficient in English as a condition for regular admission to MSU. Such applicants will be required to demonstrate their proficiency by meeting certain minimum standards. See Multilingual and International Applicants below for more information.
- Employment/Activities Page: Leave blank.
- References: Using Add Recommender, provide contact information for three people who are familiar with your academic and professional accomplishments and potential for success. The portal will then send out recommendation requests to the people you listed. The requests come from email@example.com. It is strongly recommended that one letter is from a current or past professor, academic advisor, or field instructor. If possible, the other two letters should be from current or past supervisors. Letters from friends or colleagues will not be considered. The letters must be current and specifically for the ABA program. Letters previously used for other purposes cannot be accepted.
- Provide your Signature electronically by typing in your full legal name, then select Confirm.
- The Review section will provide you with a list of potential errors if a section has not been completed. Please return to those sections and make the appropriate corrections before finalizing the application and submitting your payment.
- Once you have finalized your application, you will complete the payment ($65 for domestic applicants of $75 for international applicants).
Once you have finalized your application, you will receive a confirmation email. You can then login to the application portal to upload and track your application materials. If you cannot submit the required materials in PDF format or have any questions, please contact the Special Education Program at firstname.lastname@example.org and (517) 353-1842
- Add the following documents in the application portal.
- Resume or Vita
- Professional Goal Statement: See description of content and formatting of this statement for more information.
- Request the registrar of each college or university attended to send one copy of each official transcript. We cannot accept transcripts sent by applicants. Colleges and universities generally require both fees and time to process requests for transcripts. To be considered “official” the transcripts must have a university seal or notarization mark and be sent directly by the institution electronically to email@example.com or to the following address:
Michigan State University
Counseling, Educational Psychology & Special Education
620 Farm Lane, Room 335
East Lansing, MI 48824
The applications and materials deadline for the fall semester is January 15.