College of Education Sitemap
Skip to Main Content

Department of Teacher Education

Ph.D. in Curriculum, Instruction and Teacher Education


Michigan State University and surrounding communities offer a variety of housing options at very reasonable costs.

On-Campus Housing:

Graduate students who wish to live on campus at MSU may select from two housing options: Owen Graduate Center and University Apartments. Although there are no deadlines for housing applications, students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The MSU Housing Office website provides essential guidance to on-campus living.

Owen Graduate Center is specifically designed to meet the needs of single graduate students. Rooms are completely furnished and include linens and private telephones. Occupants of two rooms share an adjoining bathroom and shower. Housekeeping service is provided on a weekly basis. The hall has a lounge, recreational areas, laundry facilities, and cafeteria. In addition to the website, you can contact Owen Graduate Center, which is handicap accessible, at 517.355.9550 or 1.800.678.4679.

MSU also provides more than 2,000 furnished one and two bedroom apartments on campus for married students and their families as well as for single graduate and undergraduate students. In addition to the website, you can contact University Apartments at 517.355.9550 or 1.800.678.4679.

Off-Campus Housing

The city of East Lansing and several nearby communities are home to many graduate students who choose to live off-campus. Current listings of off-campus housing are available through the Department of Student Life website, or by calling 517.355.8286. The MSU Student Life Information Center is also helpful.