Set Up Your MSUNetID (E-mail) Account:
- You will need your PID (AXXXXXXXX) and PAN (XXXX) numbers in order to complete this process. Both of these numbers are sent to you by the MSU Admissions Office in an "Enrollment Notification" letter shortly after you are accepted into the MAED program.
- Go to https://mail.msu.edu/
- Follow the instructions to activate a new account.
- Use your MSU e-mail address to access the online course web system called ANGEL (http://angel.msu.edu/) and STUINFO (https://login.msu.edu/?App=J9500) to see your academic record and receive tuition invoices.
New students may wish to take one course during their first semester in their concentration area. This would allow them to judge how much time online courses take and confirm that they made the right choice regarding the concentration area. Nevertheless, students may take two courses if they choose.
If you are concerned about how many courses you should take, a helpful rule of thumb is to devote at least two hours per credit outside of class, in addition to the online contact hours for the course. This means a minimum of nine hours per week per three-credit course.
Enroll Early for the Next Semester:
- Select the course(s) you want to take from the Summer 2013, Fall 2013, and Spring 2014 pages of the MAED website. Check this page frequently for new course postings.
ED 800 Concepts of Educational Inquiry is one of the two required courses for the MAED and usually is taken in the second or third semester of enrollment. However, students may take ED 800 during their first semester. ED 870 Capstone Seminar, the second MAED required course, should be taken as the last or second to the last course in the program. You may not take this course prior to 80% program completion.
For future reference, please note that courses used to fulfill concentration areas are cited on the Concentrations page of the MAED web site. You can take them as they are offered.
- Enroll for courses via Schedule Builder at http://login.msu.edu/?App=RO_Schedule. For instructions on how to use Schedule Builder, visit http://schedule.msu.edu/instructions.asp. Summer 2013, Fall 2013, and Spring 2014 enrollment is open.
- Pay your tuition. The MSU Business Office will send a notice to your MSU e-mail address when your tuition invoice is available at STUINFO.
Access Your Class(es):
It is very important that you access your class(es) on the first day of class. Please know that you will not be able to access your class(es) prior to the first day of class. The run dates for each course are listed on the Summer 2013, Fall 2013, and Spring 2014 pages of the MAED webiste. Please do not wait for an e-mail or a welcome to the class e-mail from your course instructor. If you have questions about a course or required materials for a course, be sure to contact the instructor. Faculty contact information can be found on the Faculty/Staff page. Books may be purchased through online booksellers, like Amazon.com.
It is your responsibility to "attend" class on the first day of class. Below are the steps to access your class(es):
- Go to https://angel.msu.edu/.
- Enter your MSUNetID (the portion of your e-mail address prior to the @ sign) and the password.
Contact Your Academic Advisor
Contact John Olle, the online MAED academic advisor, regarding course selection, fulfillment of degree requirements, and graduation. Be sure to check the FAQ page for a list of common questions and answers.