Athletic Training Degree Requirements
The major in athletic training prepares students to work with athletes, physicians, and coaches to ensure the health care and well-being of the competitive and recreational athlete. The degree requirements and associated courses for the B.S. degree in kinesiology with a major in athletic training are specified in the MSU Academic Programs catalog. The components of study include:
- MSU Requirements
Athletic Training Major Requirements
- All MSU requirements for the undergraduate degree.
Clinical Rotation Requirements
- Courses required for the athletic training major. Contact a Kinesiology advisor or see the Athletic Training Handbook for more details.
Clinincal Evaluation Score Requirement
- Successful completion of the final clinical rotation, with a minimum grade of 2.00 in four credits of KIN 427 Clinical Rotations in Athletic Training.
Professional Standards Requirement
- Satisfy a minimum clinical evaluation score as required by the program director based on performance in clinical rotation experiences and competency tests.
- Meet professional standards as designated by the department.