Information on Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training requirements for graduate students and postdoctoral research associates in the College of Education, as well as information on training components, training resources, academic advisor responsibilities, and documenting training.
- Download the College of Education Education/Training Plan For Responsible Conduct of Research and Scholarship.
- Download Marcy Wallace's presentation on RCR and RTTS.
- Visit the Research Training Tracking System (RTTS) website to document training and run reports.
- NSF proposals submitted or due on or after January 18, 2011, must include a supplementary document of no more than two pages labeled “Data Management Plan”. This supplementary document should describe how the proposal will conform to NSF policy on the dissemination and sharing of research results.
- Data Management & Sharing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Download Jeff Cole's tips and overview on Writing Data Management Plans.
The Conflict of Interest Policy changed as of August 24th, 2012. A full chart of requirements can be found here. One new requirement for PHS investigators is that they must complete a training program explaining the new requirements.The training is completed online by registering for the Financial Conflict of Interest (FDCOI) course at MSU's Non-credit Registration System site and taking the course on MSU's Angel.View a quick outline of Conflict of Interest Instructions in a pdf format.
Michigan State University did not continue its license with Community of Science (CoS). MSU does have a license for SciVal Funding, which has almost identical functionalities as Pivot/CoS.
Visit the SciVal Funding website to get started:
MSU Libraries offers access to the Foundation Directory Online. Access is only available from within the Main Library.
For more information for human subjects training at Michigan State University.
Other Training and Resources...
Download IRTL's presentation on NSF Changes in January 2013, Data Management, and reporting in Research.gov.
A list of FAQ's on NSF's website regarding Automated Compliance Checking in FastLane.
Download Facilities Boilerplate which includes a list of resources in the College of Education.