At any given time, there are about 40–50 SAA MA students enrolled the program between both cohorts. Each incoming class brings together an experientially diverse set of about 20 students.
In addition to pursuing their seven core courses together, the department also recommends all SAA MA students to participate in the Student Affairs Graduate Association (SAGA). SAGA is the student-led organization that hosts a number of professional and social activities through the academic year for both first and second year SAA MA students.
2018 Cohort at a Glance
- They came to Michigan State University from 12 different states.
- They received their undergraduate degree from 20 different post-secondary institutions.
- They are currently employed in various departments on campus, including:
- Community Relations Coalition
- Residence Education and Housing Services
- University Activities Board
- Student Life
- Writing Center
- Honors College
- Title IX and Office of Institutional Equity
- Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Program