Application Deadline to Apply to the Student Affairs Administration Program for Optimal Consideration for the Fall 2013 Cohort: January 5th, 2013
Completed applications received after January 5th will be considered for fall admission as space permits.
Follow these steps to ensure a complete application:
Send official transcripts to:
- Complete the online MSU Graduate School application, including the following:
Please note: You will not be able to begin the OSAS process until you complete the Graduate School application. You will receive a password to OSAS within a few days after you submit the Graduate School application. Please keep this in mind as you identify individuals to complete your letters of recommendation.
- On-line graduate school application for admission (SAA Program Code: 2246)
- Pay $50 application fee
- The graduate school asks for an academic statement and personal statement of purpose. Under each field, please enter "Please see my personal statement uploaded on the HALE online supplemental application system"
- Complete the Online Supplemental Application System (OSAS), including:
- Provide information for three recommenders
- Upload a pdf file of resume
- Upload your personal statement (pdf format recommended)
Your personal statement should address each of the following points:
- What experiences led to your interest in pursuing a career in student affairs?
- What qualities, characteristics and skills do you possess that will make you a strong candidate for the SAA program at Michigan State?
- How will the SAA program at Michigan State help you meet your personal and professional goals?
Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education (HALE) Program
c/o HALE Admissions Assistant
Department of Educational Administration
620 Farm Lane, 423 Erickson Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824-1034
Please Note: The GREs or an academic interview are not required for admission. However, you will have many opportunities to meet and talk with faculty at Spartan Preview Days.
We encourage you to keep copies of all application materials for your records.
Helpful Hints in Completing Your Application:
Check the SAA Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the application process.
We encourage you to begin the application process in enough time to complete all components by the January 5th deadline. If you have questions about or issues with any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com or
U. S. Residents:
U. S. applicants who are not already admitted to graduate study at MSU must submit the Graduate Application for Admission. An application fee and college transcripts of all previous academic work must be submitted with this form.
More Information on Admission to the MSU Graduate School
Online & Downloadable Application to Graduate Study
International students who have not been admitted to graduate study at MSU are required to submit the International Graduate Application for Admission, proof of financial support, and proof of proficiency in English. For more information please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars, 427 N. Shaw Lane, Room 105, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, (517) 353-1720 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transferring from other Michigan State Graduate Programs:
Applicants who wish to transfer into the HALE MA from another MSU graduate program not in the Department of Educational Administration must complete a new application, including the Graduate Application for Admission and all supplemental materials to the HALE unit. Current students in the Department of Educational Administration looking to transfer to another program within the Department of Educational Administration should consult their faculty advisor and the coordinator of the program.
Admission decisions for the Master of Arts in Student Affairs Administration occur once a year. The deadline for applications is January 5th for optimal consideration. Completed applications received after January 5th will be considered for fall admission as space permits.