The SAA program seeks students who are committed practitioners and scholars to the student affairs field.
The admissions committee considers the following criteria for admission in the SAA program:
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (students with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be admitted provisionally)
- References that showcase your academic ability and commitment to the field of student affairs
- Personal statement that addresses the following questions:
- What experiences led to your interest in pursuing a career in student affairs?
- What qualities, characteristics and skills do you possess that will make you a strong candidate for the SAA program?
- How will the SAA program at Michigan State help you meet your personal and professional goals?
- Professional or Paraprofessional experience
- Admission into the Graduate School
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Second Language) scores if English is not your native language.
Please note that the GREs or an academic interview are not required for admission. However, you will have many opportunities to meet and talk with faculty at Spartan Preview Days.
Check out the Student Affairs Administration Application Process and Checklist to gain more information about what materials should be included in your application.