Program Structure and Requirements
With the assistance of an advisor, HALE MA students plan a program of study to meet their educational and professional goals
The HALE MA program requires successful completion of 30 credit hours as follows, in addition to college and university requirements.
- Core Courses (6 credit hours)
EAD 840 - Inquiry in Postsecondary Education
EAD 868 - Higher, Adult and Lifelong Learning Education Pro-Seminar
- Major courses (9 credit hours)
EAD 801 - Leadership and Organizational Development
EAD 805 - Administration and Organization
EAD 860 - Concept of a Learning Society
EAD 861 - Adult Learning
EAD 870 - Foundations of Postsecondary Education
EAD 866 - Teaching in Postsecondary Education
EAD 876 - Budgeting and Finance
EAD 877 - Program Planning and Evaluation in Postsecondary Education
- Electives (15 credits of supplemental/related courses with at least 9 additional credits from EAD courses): Three elective courses must be thematically connected to the student's area of interest.
- Final Project/Graduation Requirement
Final Projects will be reviewed by the HALE MA Review committee (P/F grading). The committee will consist of the student’s advisor with two other faculty members. If the Review Committee judges the student’s work to be unacceptable, the student must re-submit a revised project by the first day of Finals Week to graduate.
Complete projects are due:
- Spring and Summer Semester Graduates: Last Monday in March
- Fall Semester Graduates: Last Monday in October
Final Project Directions
Portfolio Directions (option available for students admitted prior to Fall 2011)