Master of Arts in Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education
The application process for Fall 2017
is open. Students interested in applying to begin Fall 2017
should submit application materials by December 15, 2016.
Completed applications received after December 15th will be considered for fall admission as space permits.
Follow these steps to ensure a complete application:
- Complete the online MSU Graduate School application (Hybrid HALE MA Program Code: 2288; Online HALE MA Program Code: 6734)
- Pay the application fee
- The graduate school application asks for an academic statement and a personal statement. Under each field, please enter "Please see my personal statement on the Graduate Education applicant portal."
- Provide contact information for three recommenders. The system will generate an auto-message from email@example.com to recommenders with directions to upload letters on the portal.
- On the Graduate Education applicant portal, upload files (in PDF format):
- Personal statement
- Request the registrar of each college or university attended to send one copy of each official transcript. To be
considered official, the transcript must have a university seal or
notarization mark; a transcript issued to student is not official. Official transcript should be sent directly by the institution via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Higher, Adult and Lifelong Education (HALE) Program
c/o HALE Admissions Assistant
Department of Educational Administration
Michigan State University
620 Farm Lane Rm 423
East Lansing, MI 48824-1034
Please Note: The GRE or an academic interview are not required for admission.
U. S. Residents:
U. S. applicants who are not already admitted to graduate study at MSU must submit the Graduate Application for Admission. An application fee and college transcripts of all previous academic work must be submitted with this form.
More Information on Admission to the MSU Graduate School
Online & Downloadable Application to Graduate Study
International students seeking admission to graduate study at MSU are required to submit the International Graduate Application for Admission, proof of financial support, and proof of proficiency in English. For more information, visit the Information for International Applicants page of the MSU Graduate School.
For additional assistance, please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars, 427 N. Shaw Lane, Room 105, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, (517) 353-1720 or email: email@example.com.
Transferring from other Michigan State Graduate Programs:
Applicants who wish to transfer into the HALE MA from another MSU graduate program not in the Department of Educational Administration must complete a new application, including the Graduate Application for Admission and all supplemental materials to the HALE unit. Current students in the Department of Educational Administration looking to transfer to another program within the Department of Educational Administration should consult their faculty advisor and the coordinator of the program.
Admission decisions for the Master of Arts in Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education occur once a year. The deadline for applications is December 15th for optimal consideration. Completed applications received after December 15th will be considered for fall admission as space permits.