Janet A. Wessel Endowed Fund for Research of Physical Activity, Health and Fitness for Girls and Women
Back to Endowments
Recipients shall be admitted students in the Department of Kinesiology at the master’s or Ph.D. level, and shall be selected based on their proposed research or ongoing research studies focused on physical activity and health and fitness for girls and women. Their interest could be related to physical activity for:
- Preschool through 12th grade inclusive school programs;
- Children, youth, adults, senior citizens, and family neighborhood and community programs;
- Youth and adult worksite/fitness and injury prevention;
- Sport performance and dance; and
- Parent training and family involvement.
The research could range from what influences physical activity behaviors (childhood, youth, adults, senior citizens) and possible links of the role of physical activity for health-wellness, fitness, aging, learning, pregnancy, self-esteem, and motivation. Research studies focused on the role of physical activity for health-wellness, and fitness for girls and women will provide new interests, directions and goals in our changing global world.
Give Now to Janet A. Wessel Endowed Fund for Research of Physical Activity, Health and Fitness for Girls and Women.