Special Education Degree Requirements
Students pursuing a BA degree in Special Education earn certification as an elementary teacher with an additional special education endorsement on their certificate. Because they complete the entire elementary certification program, many of their requirements overlap with those for Elementary Education. Students in Special Education must complete University Integrative Studies and Writing Requirements, the Planned Program for Elementary Education, one of four Elementary Certification Teaching Majors, a series of professional education courses and coursework for the special education endorsement.
- University Integrative Studies and Writing Requirements for Special Education
- Elementary Certification Teaching Majors
- Planned Program for students who were freshmen in FS09 or earlier and/or those who will intern in FS13-SS14 or earlier
- Planned Program for students who were freshmen in FS10 or later and/or will intern in FS14-SS15 or later with a major in (pending formal approval):
- Required Professional Education Courses for Special Education
- Special Education-Learning Disabilities Course Plan