College of Education Sitemap
Skip to Main Content

Forms for Graduate Students

Vital Note to Graduate Students

As you can see from the directions below, you will be responsible for initiating many of the forms required by the college and university. The University and College are moving toward web-based form completion and submission systems, but we are not there yet.

Wherever indicated, you will be responsible for downloading, filling out -- by typing names and information in the appropriate text boxes, and printing -- and then circulating these forms for signatures. No longer will handwritten forms be allowed. For the most part, the only entries that will be handwritten will be signatures and dates (and university policy requires signatures to be written in blue ink only). Electronic/digital signatures will only be accepted on forms that have electronic signature fields. In conjunction with your advisor, you need to make certain that the information is complete and accurate.

The forms will require you to identify yourself in several ways: your name, your PID, your program name, and your program code. It is essential that you provide this information accurately. If you have any question about the name of your program, or your active program code, go to your STUINFO page and select “Major(s) by Term.”  You will see your current program name and code. Do not bother your program staff with this question; it is your responsibility to know this information. If you thought that you were in a different program than what you see in STUINFO, you should immediately contact the Registrar to straighten this out.

For advanced (Ph.D. and Ed.D.) graduate students, you and your advisor need to make certain that your Guidance and Dissertation Committees include at least four faculty members who are eligible to serve, per University policy (, before entering names into the text boxes and printing the document for signatures or entering them into electronic systems. Submitting forms with ineligible committee members will significantly delay the processing of your program paperwork, and in the most extreme cases, can hold up graduation.

Before printing, you should also do everything to ensure that the form consists of a single page, with all relevant information included; you may reduce font size if necessary and use page reduction features, but leave the form in the same structure as you find it on this website.

The following forms have been placed in sequential order -- by program level -- and reflect a typical student's progress through the degree program. Some of the forms will not be used by all students, such as the Project Agreement Form.   

Forms for Master's Students

Forms for Ph.D. Students

Forms for Ed.D. Students

Forms for Ed.S. Students

Forms for all Graduate Levels, Department Initiated

Forms for all Graduate Levels, Student Initiated