The CITE doctoral program prepares students to be leading scholars and educators who deeply understand and work to improve education in its political, social and cultural contexts, with a particular focus on teaching, teacher education and teachers' work. The program takes a distinctive interdisciplinary approach that combines rigorous intellectual inquiry with close connections to professional practice. Students collaborate closely with faculty on research, teaching and program design.
Graduate programs in the Michigan State University College of Education foster the insights and skills needed to deal with the most pressing challenges facing the education profession. They also are among the most highly regarded by deans and professors throughout the nation. Outstanding, internationally known faculty members construct rigorous opportunities for advanced study, mentor students and engage in millions of dollars of funded research.
Preparing Top ScholarsThe Ph.D. programs prepare researchers to serve in professional positions in universities, research agencies, policy agencies and schools. Doctoral students are essential partners in developing new knowledge and in preparing the next generation of educators, coaches, athletic trainers and scholars.
See which doctoral programs rank in the nation's top-10.
- A commitment to study real problems of practice and contribute to policy development and analysis.
- A diverse community of scholars known for its culture of collaboration, especially across disciplinary boundaries
- The opportunity to participate in an international study trip sponsored by the college
- Flexibility allowing individuals to tailor programs to their scholarly and professional interests
- Many centers, projects and offices that provide contexts for conducting and disseminating research in the field, on a small or large scale
Academic Program List
- Curriculum, Instruction and Teacher Education (CITE)
- Educational Policy
- Educational Psychology and Educational Technology (EPET)
- Educational Psychology and Educational Technology (EPET) Hybrid
- Higher, Adult and Lifelong Education (HALE)
- K-12 Educational Administration
- Mathematics Education
- Measurement and Quantitative Methods (MQM)
- Rehabilitation Counselor Education
- School Psychology
- Special Education